BE PART OF THE FALLING WALLS LAB SINGAPORE ON 5 SEPTEMBER 2018
We are very pleased to announce that Falling Walls Lab Singapore is back on 5 September 2018 and application is open from now till 17 June 2018. NTU is hosting the event this year, partnering with the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, the DAAD, EURAXESS, the National Research Foundation Singapore, ASTAR and NUS.
The winner of Falling Walls Lab Singapore will receive:
- entry into the Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin on 8 November 2018
- travel costs and accommodation for Berlin
- a ticket to the international Falling Walls Conference on 9 November 2018
Please take note of the eligibility criteria below.
- If an applicant has a Bachelor’s degree, the degree should not date back more than 10 years.
- If an applicant has a Master’s degree, the degree should not date back more than 7 years.
- If an applicant has a PhD, the degree should not date back more than 5 years.
- Postdocs and students currently enrolled in university are also eligible to apply.
- All applicants must be over 18 years old.
What is the Lab?
The Falling Walls Lab (http://www.falling-walls.com/lab) is a challenging, inspiring and interdisciplinary format for outstanding talents. It offers the opportunity to excellent students, academics and professionals to present their innovative ideas, research projects and social initiatives.
Each participant is asked to present his/her work in 3 minutes.
All disciplines are welcome: from medicine, economics, engineering, science and the humanities.
A prestigious jury awards the best participants.
Applications for Falling Walls Lab Singapore will be accepted until 17 June. Selected participants will be notified in late July and compete at Falling Walls Lab Singapore on 5 September. The winner will be announced on 5 September and compete in the Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin on 8 November.
International Labs and the Finale in Berlin
The first Falling Walls Lab took place in Berlin in 2011 one day prior to the Falling Walls Conference (www.falling-walls.com/conference), established on the anniversary of the falling of the Berlin Wall. Thanks to the huge success of the Falling Walls Lab 2011, the Falling Walls Foundation extended the format to a global scale in 2012. Since then, international Labs take place in different vibrant cities around the world throughout the year. So far, Falling Walls Labs have taken place in more than 30 countries. The Falling Walls Lab Finale is held each year in Berlin on 8 November. The Finale gathers 100 participants, among them all winners of the international Labs.
Why you should be part of it
Being part of the Falling Walls Lab will inspire you and provide you with insights by other participants and the international Falling Walls Lab network.
As a participant, you will be invited to a series of workshops specifically designed to develop critical communication skills and the preparation of a concise, comprehensive and engaging presentation.
The Falling Walls Lab
- supports interdisciplinary dialogue and international cooperation.
- connects aspiring innovators and senior researchers.
- develops new and sustainable ways of scientific communication.
Interested in participating the Falling Walls Lab Singapore? Apply before 17 June 2018: http://www.falling-walls.com/lab/apply
Selected participants will be notified in early July and compete at Falling Walls Lab Singapore on 5 September. The winner will be announced on 5 September and compete in the Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin on 8 November.