The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Singapore is recruiting as of 1 September 2021 a social media editor/a social media editor (m/f/d) for the new Regional German Information Centre
The Regional German Information Centre is based at the German Embassy in Singapore and will provide information on Germany and German foreign policy via social media.
The employment will comprise of 39 hours per week and focus on the following tasks:
- Assisting, maintaining and analysing social media channels (initially Twitter and Facebook);
- Producing and designing of texts and audio-visual content for social media channels
- Community management
We look forward to receiving your application if you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum requirement for a university entrance qualification, ideally Bachelor’s degree, in journalism, media and communication, international relations, marketing or a related field of study
- At least two years’ work experience in the field of social media communication, Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram in corporate communication is preferred
- Experience in working with social media analytics, producing, gleaning and evaluating the contents
- Knowledge of English at mother tongue level with proficient writing skills is required; good command of the German language is desirable
- Knowledge of other languages from South-East Asia would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, intercultural skills
- High resilience and excellent team player
- A sound understanding of the political, social and economic situation in the countries of South-East Asia
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours for events and business trips, which will be compensated (to be compensated by leave)
The employment contract is based on Singapore’s labour law. Remuneration shall be paid on the bases of local terms and conditions.
Applicants must hold a valid residence and work permit for Singapore, unless they are nationals of Singapore.
The Federal Foreign Office has set itself the goal of promoting women’s careers and expressly invites qualified women to apply.
Applicants shortlisted will be invited to an interview.
After a successful candidacy, proof of health suitability (by a medical examination by the Embassy’s collaborating doctor) must be provided prior to appointment. Also, a personal/security check will be carried out. Willingness to participate is essential.
Only complete applications will be considered. Please include the following documents:
- A letter of motivation (max. 1 page, either in English or in German)
- A tabular curriculum vitae in English or German
- Copies of study and work certificates as well as any letters of recommendation and proof of language skills
- A copy of a passport/photo ID, if applicable residence permit
- If available, copies of previous publications or work samples
Please send all documents compiled in a pdf-file of up to 2 MB exclusively digitally by 05.08.2021, 23.59 h (deadline) to VW-S1@sing.diplo.de.
If you have any questions about the vacancy, you may address them to VW-S1@sing.diplo.de. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview (oral selection procedure) in mid-August. Please note that travel expenses for the interview cannot be reimbursed. If you have not received notification by 25.08.2021, your application is not considered.
The position is initially limited to 31.03.2023.
Further information about the Embassy can be found at www.singapur.diplo.de.
Please find information on data protection pursuant to Article 13 of the EU General data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at [https://singapur.diplo.de/sg-de/datenschutz].
Hours of operation
Monday – Thursday: 2 pm – 6 pm
Book an Appointment
Questions? Contact Us
The consultation at the DAAD Information Point is based on best knowledge and practice and is offered in good faith. The DAAD Information Point however, accepts no liability for the correctness of information.